Tuesday, April 30, 2002

Yesterday's doctor's appointment didn't go as well as one might hope. Three weeks from today (5/21) I will be having surgery on (or in?) my colon. This is for a problem that has bugged me for many years, and I've had a few minor procedures to keep it in check, but now requires more drastic measures.

It's actually a relatively minor bit of outpatient surgery, for the doctor. The operation will only take about an hour, then I'll be sent home by the end of the day. Then I should expect to be in bed, writhing in pain, for two to three days, followed by three or four days of staring at the TV in a drug-induced stupor.

And, as if that's not enough of a pain in the ass (pardon the blunt end of a pun), I've got jury duty the following week! I'm pretty sure I'll be able to use the surgery to get out of it, or at least postpone it for another couple of months.

At least this answers the question of what I'm going to do with my vacation time I've accrued so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed