Monday, June 09, 2003

Did you think I gave up blogging? I was wondering if I had as well. After all, if you look at my newly re-designed web site you'll see no link here. I'm trying to decide what to do.

Still, has this become the dullest blog in the world? That title officially belongs to this blog over at the wib site. I don't think that the dullest blog in the world is actually all that dull. It's entries are deceptively simple, but always true and insightful. It also gets a hell of a lot more traffic than this blog.

So, what have I been up to that I've either had no time to share, or refused to share? Well, it's a bit of each. I was busy and unable to talk about it until it was done. The crumbling economy (hey, didn't we have a war to pump us up? why's the economy still sucking?) has forced us to make some major, painful cut-backs here at work, and I was part of the hit squad deciding who and where to cut. We said goodbye to a few wonderful people, who will be personally missed, but who's positions were no longer economically viable.

As to the web site changes; they were brought about by the collapse of my former hosting company. As a result of that, I've consolidated my web properties all under the 13th Story (dot com) name. kengoldstein.net and aaronsintifada.com now each piont to pages within the13thstory.com, as does a new domain of mine, authorsforcharity.org.

Authors for Charity is an idea from one of the listservs I'm on to hold group book-signing events across the country during October, with the authors all donating a portion of their royalties for the day to various local charities. Hopefully we'll be able to pull it off and turn it into an annual event (if we don't all kill each other first).

That's probably enough for today, considering I'm not even sure if I'm still posting here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed