Wednesday, July 16, 2003

I think I've mentioned before that one of my online writing groups is organizing Authors for Charity book signing events for this coming October. The idea is that we will hold book signings nationwide, and all dedicate our royalties from the day to local nonprofit organizations. Hopefully, we raise a little money for good causes, promote the organizations, and sell a few of our books.

Anyway, I'm the "Silicon Valley coordinator" for Authors for Charity, and I've just secured our date and site. Write this down: It will be at the Learning Game store, at Stevens Creek & De Anza, in Cupertino. The date will be Saturday, October 11, 2003, from 2 to 4 PM.

The charity I've designated to receive funds from the Cupertino event is Future Families. They do adoption and foster home services in the Bay Area, and, as I've mentioned before, I'm on their board of directors. Their services specialize in the hard-to-place abused kids, and go beyond simple placements to including therapeutic services (see this article from a couple of months back for more information).

The book I'll be signing, of course, is Aaron's Intifada and Other Short Stories. For those of you who can't get to Cupertino in October, check the Authors for Charity site for other locations nationwide. Meanwhile, if you buy my book online between now and October 31, I'll donate $1.50 to Future Families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed