Saturday, March 23, 2002

It was a busy week for us, as report cards were due yesterday. Leslie was working on them all week, and I (of course) was helping out with grading assessment tests and organizing the files for each kid. That, obviously, didn't leave a lot of time for posting here.

Sorry to continue to go on and on about the release of my new book, but it is the most exciting thing going on in my life these days. What I wanted to say about it today, however, is that I've been considering ideas of what to do for my next project.

One thing that bothers me about the book I just did, is that the material is not appropriate to share with my nephews (ages 7 and 10). These guys are a very important part of my life, and I feel terrible that I can't share this with them for several more years.

Which has led me to a decision about what to do next. Looking over my lists of book concepts, I've found one that can be adapted slightly to make an excellent book for teens. In fact, making that change in focus is exactly what it needs to make it a viable concept. So, I'm going to attempt that as my next major project.

Of course, there may be other short stories for adults coming out of here while I'm working on that longer project. But, at least as of this moment, the next book I'm working on will be for my nephews.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed