Sunday, March 24, 2002

What is it about computer solitaire that's so hypnotizing? Is it really that much more exciting than traditional solitaire? If I weren't so lazy, would I really be getting out the deck of cards and playing solitaire all day long if I didn't have the computer?

Or is it simply a means of procrastinating? I have important writing to be getting to... but first I want to see if I can win ten in a row... or get my statistics up 1/2 a percentage point...

Or, maybe, or maybe I'm just deluding myself, it helps to clear my mind so that I can get to that writing? I do sometimes find it relaxing and meditative. I kind of zone out while clicking on the cards and it moves the stress of the day away so that the creative thoughts can rise to the surface.

At least, that's what I tell myself. Of course, I could be highly deluded... I'll give that some serious thought... right after this next game...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed