Thursday, February 07, 2002

'Everybody loves the sound of a train in the distance. Everybody thinks it's true.' - Paul Simon

Sometimes that train whistle is singing your praises, talking about the great things you're going to do, pulling you forward. And sometimes it's asking you who you think you're kidding and leaving you behind.

Usually the pulling forward, however. And often pulling so hard, and in so many different directions, that it's difficult to get your footing and evaluate exactly where you're headed. I'm in one of those places right now.

Tonight will be the third straight late night of work. It's all good stuff, but just several things happening at once. Plus, I've volunteered for a project with the County that landed me a few hundred pages of reading and analysis to do over the next two-and-a-half weeks. And, as you know, I've got one or two personal writing projects that I'd like to finish up.

It's another busy, sleepless time - but that's not unusual. I'll get through it, and everything will get done. I know, 'cause I hear that train whistle off in the distance, and it's singing my tune.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed