Tuesday, February 12, 2002

Yesterday, we had a very special staff meeting at CompassPoint. We were nearly all wearing wigs, most of them quite silly.

It was in support of a returning employee who's been out getting chemotherapy for her cancer. She walked into the room, expecting to be the only person wearing a wig, and saw about 35 so-called "adults" sitting around looking like a cattle-call audition for the B-52s, Spinal tap, and Duran Duran combined.

She really appreciated the support, and the effort, and was nearly in tears, she was so touched. Yes, she's got a great sense of humor, so there was no chance of her being insulted by the gesture (in addition to her other duties, she's the official staff cartoonist).

My wig was a long purple job with a page-boy cut. I looked quite excellent, if I do say so myself. Although, I couldn't get my hair to sit down straight for the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed