Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Random Quotations

Blogger has been down for most of the afternoon, and I've forgotten what it was I had wanted to post about. Senior moment. So, instead, I'll just post a selection of random quotations.

When I read a quote that hits me in some way I usually try to save it somewhere. Here, in no particular order, is just a random sampling from recent months.

"People everywhere confuse what they read in newspapers with news." - AJ Liebling

"I should never have switched from Scotch to Martinis." final words of Humphrey Bogart

"You measure Democracy by the freedom it gives dissidents, not the freedom it gives its assimilated conformists." - Abbie Hoffman

"You do not lead by hitting people over the head - that's assault, not leadership." - Dwight D. Eisenhower

"You don't need to defend a Lion. You just need to let him out of his cage." - C.S. Lewis

"Of all the enemies of true liberty, war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded, because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. ... No nation can preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare." - James Madison

"But the land must not be sold beyond reclaim, for the land is Mine; you are but strangers resident with Me. Throughout the land that you hold, you must provide for the redemption of the land." Leviticus 25:23-24

Tags: , , , , , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed