Monday, March 23, 2009

50 Things About Me

Another traveling meme, this one came to me on Facebook, but I'll post it here. And, no, I'm not tagging anybody - if you want to do it, fine, but I ain't forcing anybody...

Here's the instructions I received: "Copy and paste these questions on your own 'note' replacing my answers with yours, then tag 25 people to do the same thing. Remember to tag me back so I can see your answers!"

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yes, my mother's uncle, the bigamist. Well, they didn't know he was a bigamist at the time, but years later information about his "other wife" from back in Russia showed up quite unexpectedly. But they tell me he was a very nice guy. Really.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
Since we had to put our cat, Big George, to sleep about six months ago there's been quite a few tears shed whenever we think of him. Like right now, dammit. Don't get me started.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Depends. If I want to read it again later, then no way. If I want to write it and forget it, it's just fine.

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
Roast beef, usually. Pastrami, when it's done right (rarely is). And ham, on occasion.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
No.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON, WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Well, that would depend on who else I was. I'd probably find me pretty annoying.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM?
No shit.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
No.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
I think that time has passed. I like vacation activities that don't include the possibility of hospital visits.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
I'm not wild about cereals, but I do like a Clif bar in the morning. The Apricot one is my favorite.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
If they have laces, yes.

12. YOUR MOM?
I'm sure she unties her shoes too. What was the question?

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Cherry Garcia is pretty damned good. Chocolate chip cookie dough is always welcome. I wouldn't mind a bowl of Espresso Chocolate Chip right now either.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their height.

15. RED OR PINK?
Red.

16. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I have an annoying voice. (Yes, I know, that's not all).

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
Big George.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO COMPLETE THIS LIST?
If I have to, so do they.

19. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Blue jeans. Brown shoes.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
Silence.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
Brown.

23. FAVORITE SMELL?
Ribs on the smoker.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO?
Joan.

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO TAGGED YOU IN THIS?
Maria? Oh, she's alright ;^)

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Iron Chef America. Well, I consider it a sport.

27. HAIR COLOR?
Dog shit brown (okay, I haven't looked in the mirror for a decade or so, I assume it's still brown).

28. EYE COLOR?
Hazel.

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Nope.

30. FAVORITE FOOD?
BBQ!

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Both.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
The Reader. (Excellent, btw)

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Blue & grey.

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Autumn.

35. HUGS OR KISSES?
From whom?

36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Apple pie, the crumbly kind.

37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Well, I ain't tagging anybody so... Steve?

38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Me.

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
I'm not reading a book right now. I'm typing up 50 things.

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
I don't use a mouse pad (I don't use a mouse).

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Celebrity Apprentice.

42. FAVORITE SOUND(S)?
Waterfalls, fountains, the tide coming in.

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Which year? Probably Beatles, but tough choice.

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
The Netherlands.

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
Of course.

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Boston, MA.

47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
Yours.

48. HOW DID YOU MEET YOUR SPOUSE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER?
Astronomy class at UCSC. She thought I might be smart enough to help her pass the class.

49. IS THE CUP HALF FULL OR HALF EMPTY?
Don't they offer free refills here?

50. IF YOU COULD SIT DOWN TO DINNER WITH FIVE PEOPLE WHO WOULD YOU CHOOSE?
Thomas Jefferson, Kurt Vonnegut, Jr., Charley Parkurst (aka "One-eyed Charlie"), Francis Coppola (well, gotta pick somebody who's still alive), and you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed