Thursday, February 27, 2003

can you believe I just bought this house?


What you are looking at there is my new house. Really.

I can't believe it either, but Leslie and I made an offer on it the other day, and after just a little back-and-forth, we've arrived at a deal, and we're now in escrow.

It's a beautiful, little mountain home, just about six and a half miles up the Santa Cruz mountains from here. And, when I say "little", I mean LITTLE. It's only 864 square feet in the main house, but there's also a converted garage "studio apartment" and - and this is the best part - half an acre of giant redwoods.

This picture is of the rear of the house. See that redwood tree that looks like it's growing through the patio? It is. It's growing right through the damn patio!

We've still got to finalize the financing, and the house still has to pass all the inspections and such, so it's not final - But it is exciting never-the-less.

A month from now we're probably going to be moving out of this crappy apartment into our very own house! I'll believe it when it happens.

I'm sure I'll post more as the escrow progresses and we move in, but I just wanted to share the news and this photo from the listing ad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed