Monday, November 03, 2003

Day one of unemployment has been survived. I chose to not do any serious work, but rather fill the day with meaningless errands; an opportunity to fill up my to-do list with easily earned check marks. Leslie's principal is giving her a hard time, so she's not having the best of career days either. Still, I keep reminding her that we have no problems.

Read the news and find out what true suffering is. Parents burying their children. People being tortured and beaten. People living in filth.

We have a few economic concerns and annoyances, but these are passing troubles. Please, someone, in a few months, if I'm still looking for work and I start feeling sorry for myself, remind me of this posting.

"Natasha has just come up to the window from the courtyard and opened it wider so that the air may enter more freely into my room. I can see the bright green strip of grass beneath the wall, and the clear blue sky above the wall, and sunlight everywhere. Life is beautiful. Let the future generations cleanse it of all evil, oppression, and violence and enjoy it to the full."
- Leon Trotsky, Mexico, February 27th 1940, waiting for Stalin's assassins.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed