Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Updates in the face of cynicism

As cynical as I can sometimes be on this blog about the current state of affairs in our national government, I've sometimes joked about "IF there's a presidential election in 2008..."

Do I believe there won't be an election? Do I really think there will be a coup and the demise of even a pretense to democracy? No, not really. I'm sure that there will be an election in November 2008 to choose our next president. I wouldn't be surprised, however, to find out that the votes have already been tabulated.

So, how do I keep my spirits up in the face of the horrendous things I post about here? How do I not get overly paranoid about the secret police coming to my home to take me away to Gitmo? It's because I'm not alone.

I'm under no illusions to think that I'm important enough or reach enough people to be on the first list of people to be rounded up and disappeared. By the time they come for me there'll be hundred of missing bloggers already.

Meanwhile, I got an interesting phone call today. A reporter in New Jersey (from the Star Ledger) called to interview me about how the presidential campaign of Dave Koch and myself is coming along, and particularly about our use of MySpace. We had a nice conversation for about 15 minutes or so. If you're in the NJ area, look for the paper on Sunday.

Speaking of the campaign... Last month Dave and I came in second in The Next Prez Blog independent candidate poll. If you'd care to help us out in this month's poll, click the button bellow to vote:



Tags: , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed