Monday, July 02, 2001

July is here, and the heat has come back with a vengeance. After several days in the seventies and low eighties, even a couple of light summer showers, it's back up in the mid-nineties.

We spent part of the weekend cleaning up the apartment and moving some of our stuff into a storage unit. Leslie is a second grade teacher, and all her classroom supplies, books, papers, etc., were all over the living room floor. Now they're boxed and stacked neatly in a 5 x 4.5 closet at the public storage facility around the corner. It looks much better there. It's cleaner there, too.

There's absolutely nothing new to report on the job front. I'm still working part time under contract for what's left of HandsNet and looking for something more permanent and sustainable (not to mention full-time wages and benefits). It's not looking too good for being gainfully employed before my 40th birthday, which is just three weeks away.

Yesterday on the phone, my mother wanted to know what the plans were for celebrating the big four-oh. I just laughed and told her I'd keep her posted. I suspect "not much" will be the final answer.

I have been doing some writing, however, but I'm not sure what will come of it. Been playing with some fiction ideas and character sketches. Yes, even on the days when you see nothing new posted here, I've still be writing. I've also been playing at ideas for how to actually get paid for that activity, but nothing solid so far.

And that's about the most depressing and boring entry I've posted here yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed