Tuesday, October 08, 2002

I have very foolishly signed up for NaNoWriMo - National Novel Writers Month. Participants attempt to write a complete novel between November 1 and November 30. No cheating and starting in October (other than a few notes or a brief outline).

Why, if I have not completed a novel in 41 years, do I think I can write one in a month? Well, surely I have. In my head at least. I've written dozens of novels while driving along the 280 corridor running between San Francisco and San Jose. All I've done here is committed myself to capturing one on paper. How hard can it be? You all know about all the writing I have completed - this is just increasing the scale a little bit.

I signed up while at CompassPoint's SF office yesterday morning. By the time I returned to my San Jose office later in the afternoon, I had the outline of my novel-in-a-month in my head. This just might work - if I can only remember it all on November 1st when I'm allowed to start typing.

National Novel Writing Month Participant

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed