Thursday, October 30, 2003

One day left on the job... I had been talking earlier today with a friend and said that over the last six weeks I'd gone through all five of Dr. Elizabeth Kubler-Ross' Five Stages of Dying over this: denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. Then, after lunch, I read an essay on Unemployment by Carla Herrera in which she says the same thing! At least I know; I'm not alone.

Of course, in Silicon Valley, nobody is unemployed. We're all just independent contractors and consultants with a very light client load. To that end, I'm now officially pursuing that track along with full-time employment. I hereby announce the official opening of Goldstein Consulting; nonprofit management and fundraising.

If I'm able to line up enough clients and projects to keep up the mortgage payments, before I find a full-time job, I will continue with the consulting. I would really prefer to go that route, but the state of the economy is telling me to keep looking for a "real job" along with trying to sell my services as a solo artist. We'll see which strategy wins...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed