Friday, January 11, 2002

The acupuncture was great. I don't know yet if it cured anything, but it was an extremely relaxing and enjoyable experience.

I could barely feel the needles going in - less, even, than when he was pressing on my back with his thumbs. Once in, I was not aware of them at all. I'm not sure the exact number, but I think it was about a dozen needles from the top to the bottom of my spine, plus one in each ankle.

Once the needles were in, he put a heat lamp on my and left me to rest for a while. This was the most relaxed I'd been in a very long time. Actually, I think I did doze off for a minute or two.

After he took the needles out, he rubbed some oils into my back and gave me an excellent massage, putting pressure on the points that he was concerned about.

I left feeling wonderful, calm, and peaceful. I was so relaxed, in fact, that it took several minutes just to get myself dressed and ready to drive home.

I still felt great this morning, although I did have a very long, hard day. I was working a conference and had to be there to set up at 6:30 AM, and carry a lot of boxes in. But, still, I think I benefited from the experience and am looking forward to going back for another acupuncture session next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed