Friday, June 13, 2003

Who Would Buy That? is a blog of all the weird stuff that people try to sell on eBay and other online auction sites. Examples of posts include the guy who's middle name is for sale.

The story is that when he got married he changed his name to be a hyphenate of his family name and his wife's family name. Now he's divorced and wants to get rid of the wife's name and, while he's at it, he never liked his father very much either. But the divorce took all his cash, so he needs to look to the eBay community for the money to legally change his name. The winning bidder gets to choose his new middle name. Whee! I guess there was a problem with the first auction, because he relisted his auction a few weeks later. Check out his photo in each of those auctions, and his change of appearance in the course of three weeks. I don't think his name is his largest problem.

What truly amused me for quite some time, however, wasn't any of the items for sale, but the work of a practical joker named "andy46477". Andy doesn't sell or even buy anything, he just leaves odd comments on people's feedback boards. I must be out of my mind to find the silly pranks of this obvious asshole to be amusing, but I thought it was the funniest thing I've read in months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed