Tuesday, May 04, 2004

So where the Hell have I been? I don't know. I have no excuses for having seemingly abandoned my blog. None at all. So there you have it. I've fallen down on my commitment to you, my dear reader.

In these two-and-a-half months off have I used the time to write the great American novel? No. Haven't done that yet. Have I been working around the clock? Not quite. I wish. I mean, I've been busy. Certainly. But not quite working around the clock. Hell, I'm my own boss these days, so it's not like I need to make excuses about using five minutes of time to post in my blog. But I haven't.

I think I'm going to blame W for my absence. Yes. That's it. It's all W's fault.

Why take the time to point out the absurdity of the current political state of society? It's gotten to the point where it's either painfully obvious to anybody with a brain that we're living in surreal times, or any potential reader will have already become numb to the lies and doesn't want to hear anything that will jar them back into consciousness. I know I don't.

It's just too painful to pay attention anymore ... and that's probably just part of their plan. Lately I seem to have adopted a line from an Adrian Belew song as my guide: "I've seen enough / Now I'm willing to be out of touch." The only news source I trust is the Daily Show on Comedy Central. The sick and sad part is that I'm not kidding.

But the world clamors for active bloggers, and who am I to disappoint? So pull myself out of this torpor I must. Not for my sake alone, but for yours, and yours, and yours. I'm back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed