Thursday, October 18, 2001

I'm sorry that I haven't been keeping up my blog as much as I'd like, but I've been quite busy with the new job and the war and all.

Okay, that's no damned excuse. In fact, it's an outright lie. Yeah, I've been busy, but that's not the problem. Here it is: I've just been really friggen' stressed out with the new job and the war and all. There? You happy now?

The job: I suppose it's going well, for just a little over two weeks, but at this point it could go either way. I can easily see how I could learn to love it. I can just as easily see how I could come to hate it real quick. I can also see how no matter what my feelings are, I might be out of there within six months. That seems to be the pattern. In the last 18 months they've fired three people in this position.

Now, were they all idiots, or does upper management have unreal expectations of what can be done here? Also, the office has learned to operate without somebody in this position, and to ignore or take for granted that somebody is there. So, I have to first get through to them that I actually want to work, and to keep me in the loop of what's going on.

This would be enough fun for one person to handle on any normal day, but now we've got this war going on and I'm a nervous wreck over that. You know my feelings over that one already, so I don't need to go into detail. Let's just say that it's rather frightening to see 94% of Americans salivating for blood in a war they don't understand the full implications of, and their near hysterical reaction to any hint of the slightest domestic dissent. I'm honestly coming to be more afraid of my fellow patriots than I am of the terrorists.

So, again, excuse me if I haven't been keeping up my regular posting habits here, but I'm just a little stressed out at the moment. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed