Saturday, November 10, 2001

I spent the last two days at the annual conference of CAN, the California Association of Nonprofits, and it didn't leave much time for posting here - I apologize.

This conference normally draws about 500 attendees each year, and this year's expectations were for about the same. Except only about 250 showed up. Fear of travel and of being in public spaces was believed to be the excuse given by most of those canceling.

Today it's been raining off and on, and by about 4:00 it was already so dark I thought it was getting towards 7:00.

A big decision made: I need paper in my life. Yes, after about 2-1/2 years of using the Palm III as my only organizing tool, I've gone and refilled by binder with paper for scheduling. I dread having to transfer my address book back to paper, so I'll probably carry the Palm within the binder for a while and use both.

I found I needed more note taking capacity than the Palm allowed, and was carrying that, plus a folder with paper, both in a briefcase. In other words, for the convenience of the Palm I was carrying around more weight than if I just used the damn Franklin planner binder and took notes in it. So there you go. So much for technology ruling the world. Or my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed