Monday, March 20, 2006

It's people with too much time on their hands day at Ken's blog...

First up is Janos Marton, the builder of the whiskey bottle computer. It's fully functional as a PC, but worthless as a holder of booze. (For the full story and instructions, use this link).

But the winner is Paul Rothemund at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech), who has taken the time to make a smiley face made out of strands of DNA. The nano-smiley does prove a scientific concept that may be able to be used in health care and other applications, but couldn't he have proved it in a more respectable manner?

So, do I have too much time on my hands to be posting this stuff in the middle of the day when I should be working? No, I'm just taking a break while I try not to think about how stupid my clients can be sometimes. I feel much better now. Back to work...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed