Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I've got a new online toy, my CellarTracker! That link will get you a database of all the wines in my "cellar" (the old fridge in back). I've been wanting to enter it in a database for a while, and this site makes it easy and fun, adding in ratings and values (where available). I'm looking forward to playing around there some more.

Our collection leans heavily towards the reds and ports. Leslie and I like a good full-bodied wine. No light and fuzzy wine for us. Along with that, of course, goes a love of good dark chocolate (Scharffen Berger, yum!). Nothing like letting a nice bit of dark chocolate melt on your tongue and then washing a good strong port over that.

On that topic, I came across a blog posting on Pairing Flowers with the Right Chocolates and Wine. I must say, I was pleased with their wine recommendations and will try the truffles they suggest. What's odd is that this was on the Beyond Blossoms web site. A posting about the joys of matching dark chocolate and red wine on a site designed to send flowers? Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed