1. Find 5 new Blogs that you find interestingSo, since I haven't had much time to think about it, here quite quickly are five blogs I've been enjoying recently:
2. Notify the 5 bloggers that you are recommending on them on BlogDay 2005
3. Write a short description of the Blogs and place a a link to the recommended Blogs
4. Post the BlogDay Post (on August 31st) and
5. Add the BlogDay tag using this link: BlogDay2006 and a link to BlogDay web site at www.blogday.org
1 - New York Nitty-Gritty is a photo-blog from, duh, New York. Great pictures that prove the point about being worth a thousand words. I've never not liked a posting.
2 - The Martian Anthropologist is frequently interesting and always well written. Check out his comments on Islam and rape for something controversial.
3 - Islamic Facts will give you a different perspective. Check out his comments on the Jesus of the Bible v. the Jesus of the Qur'an (and part two).
4 - jspot (from Jews for Justice) rounds out this little sharing of religious viewpoints, and is the one with which I'm usually most in alignment (Progressive politics informed by Jewish ideals).
5 - Slabtown Chronicle finishes my list off with something completely different than the others; a true crime blog concerning Portland, Oregon's murder history (disclosure: this blog is written by a very good, old friend of mine, J.D. Chandler).
(And, I suppose, it's only fair to point out the blog where I learned about Blog Day 2006: Nonprofit Online News from Michael Gilbert.)
I hope you enjoy reading these other blogs. I know that once I click "Publish" I'll think of ten more blogs that I read and enjoy, but this is the first five off the top of my head.
Happy Blog Day!
Tags: blogs, blogging, lists