Sunday, August 27, 2006

Serious Content Returns Tomorrow

Tomorrow I'll be posting the next installment of the Carnival of the Decline of Democracy. Till then, I'm taking the weekend off from serious thought.

Yesterday we saw Little Miss Sunshine - A wonderfully subversive little movie, and very funny.

And then there was the songwriting contest... My brother and his kids (my nephews) and I challenged each other to write a song about the hybrid-powered Toyota Prius. Last night we debuted our songs and chose the winners.

I had two entries. This one, Rolling By, is my semi-serious song about hybrids. It's a little long, but I'm very pleased with the lyrics:


This one, The Prius Song, is purely for humor's sake (and under a minute):


Remember; it was about the songs, not the singing, and it was just a fun thing between family members. Don't judge 'em too harshly. If you're really brave, I have a lot more music posted over here...

Thanks for humoring me. Like I said, real content will return to this spot tomorrow.

Tags: , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed