Thursday, May 25, 2006

A Word From the Damned

Here's a lovely little wake-me-up I've seen posted on several web sites as of late:

Did You Know That 150,000 People Will Die Today?
The counter to the side is ticking off the number of people who have died since you opened this webpage. The vast majority of those people are entering Hell. Christ commanded his followers to share the Gospel with those who are perishing. Have you shared the Gospel of Jesus Christ with someone today?

(In the actual ticker I've witnessed, the little red numbers rapidly add up the lost souls on their merry way to Hell. Personally, I didn't feel like linking to the real thing, so I just faked an example for you to look at.)

I'm very happy for people who are secure in their faith. But faith is a personal thing. So, if you find me "perishing," please leave the Gospel out of it and just call an ambulance.

In God's Debris by Scott Adams, he talks some about the odds of picking the "one true religion" (if one exists). If Christians are right, then the majority of the planet's population is wrong (as the counter text implies).

Adams goes further in saying that to be wrong in something like a core belief means we're also delusional. Consider that if Christians are right, then the majority of the planet's population is delusional. Kind of scary, huh?

Tags: , , ,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed