Wednesday, September 26, 2001

I'm happy to report that I will be starting a new job next week with CompassPoint Nonprofit Services. My title is "Associate Training Director, Silicon Valley."

Like HandsNet (where I've been the last two+ years), CompassPoint is a nonprofit that provides training and information services for other nonprofits. CompassPoint and HandsNet have partnered on many projects in the past, so I already know, and have worked with, several of my new co-workers. Yep, they already knew me, but hired me anyway.

Here's more detail, copied from the official job announcement:

"CompassPoint is a nonprofit organization that offers the country's largest nonprofit management training program, including a comprehensive curriculum of Internet and computer workshops. CompassPoint Nonprofit Services also provides consulting, publications and research to help nonprofits strengthen their communities through stronger management."

"The Associate Training Director, Silicon Valley is responsible for the overall management of CompassPoint's workshop programs in San Jose and the Peninsula, with the goal of building program scale and quality. Job activities include recruiting presenters, scheduling, managing, and marketing 200+ workshops and implementing logistics for 3+ conferences per year."

This will be an exciting opportunity, and I'm looking forward to getting started.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed