Friday, September 14, 2001

In the email I've received some supposed writings of Nostradamus that purport to have predicted Tuesday's tragedies. Being curious, and having far too much time on my hands, I decided to do a little research and see if the email quotes were accurate.

First, I went to my Nostradamus book and searched out certain keywords that were in the email. Finally, I was lucky enough to find a good Nostradamus site that was easily searchable.

As I suspected, the email which very accurately describes the WTC attack to the letter was bogus. But, it did borrow certain lines from several actual Nostradamus prophecies. Here are the main ones it seems to be compiled from:

X. 72
In the seventh month of 1999
A great king of Terror comes from the sky
To receive the king of Mongols
Before and after, Mars reigns by good fortune

("seventh month" is the English translation, the original French is "Sept" - as to the year, 2000+1, 2000-1, close enough?)

VI. 97
At forty-five degrees the sky will burn,
Fire to approach the great new city:
In an instant a great scattered flame will leap up,
When one will want to demand proof of the Normans.

(New York is at Latitude 41 degrees)

and

X. 49
Garden of the World near the new city
In the path of hollow mountains
Seized and plunged into the vat
Forced to drink water poisoned by sulfur

(are skyscrapers "hollow mountains?")

Those three verses, taken out of context, and read this week certainly seem to point to the WTC tragedy (when you forget the references to Mongols and Normans, round off the numbers, have a generous imagination, and ignore the stuff that's completely indecipherable).

While looking those up I also came across this verse that was definitely relevant a few months ago:

VIII. 20
False message about a fraudulent election
Is stopped from circulating through the city
Voices bought, chapel tainted with blood
The empire goes to another

Here's the Nostradamus search engine

I just got another email asking about the domestic conspiracy angle: Did W and his cronies set this up as an excuse to cut into our freedoms? My sister-in-law and her girlfriend called on Tuesday afternoon with similar questions.

Look, I'm as open to conspiracy theories as anybody else (more so, probably), but I'm not ready to buy that one yet. For one thing, it's caused too much disruption of the financial markets. If, when the markets reopen on Monday, they're able to turn this into some sort of windfall profit rather than a $50 billion pit, then I'll look at the domestic conspiracy theories. Remember: these assholes are self-interested above all else.

Of course, the profit angle could figure in if we wind up with a full-scale war going on. Wars are expensive things to run, and there's much cash to made on weaponry and defense systems.

If this was "an inside job" I have to believe that they didn't realize how far it would go. As jaded and cynical as I am, or can be, I don't want to even speculate that our "leaders" knew what the death toll would be and still went along with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed