Thursday, June 14, 2001

Health update time...

I talked to my doctor about two hours ago and got back the results of the blood tests I took on Tuesday to find out why I'd been so sick since Friday. (I'm actually feeling a bit better, but not quite great, today).

Two things were standing out as not right in the blood tests. Each could be a one-time error, or the result of not fully fasting before the test, so I'll go back next Tuesday for another set of blood tests to confirm or deny these results.

The first thing was my blood sugar had a reading of 147. Normally, if anybody comes in over 120 they say they've got Diabetes. Again, I'd been living on Jell-O and ginger ale, so it's not too surprising my blood was nothing but sugar and water. We'll see what it says next week before buying any insulin.

The other thing may be the culprit, but it's too early to tell. I failed one of the liver tests. My "bellirubin" (sp?) is elevated. Whatever that means. It sounded like he said Billy Rubin is messing around with my liver. I told him I don't know this Billy Rubin kid, but if he's getting high in my abdomen, get him out.

Leslie says that if they've got to remove my liver, she wants to cook it up for dinner with some fava beans and a fine Chianti.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed