Friday, May 10, 2002

"The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."
--James A. LaFond-Lewis

That's an interesting quote, and quite true. It does not take any great feat of bravery to do something of which you have no fear. It's so obvious, that it barely warrants such a grand quote.

But here's the follow-up point that this made me think of this morning: You can only be brave once in each situation. The first time you face down a fear, you are brave. Once you've done it, once you've succeeded, you've hopefully conquered the fear. The next time you are faced with the situation, you should merely be fearless.

Am I making any sense? I'm very tired. Yesterday was one of those really long work days on absolutely no sleep. I think I need to get some rest this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed