Wednesday, May 08, 2002

"The intelligent man finds almost everything ridiculous, the sensible man hardly anything."
-- Goethe

I guess I'm not very sensible, but that comes as no surprise. I've never based my major life decisions on what would be the "sensible" thing to do - it's always got to be what is in line with my heart (which is well known to be anything but sensible).

These decisions are also often colored by my feeling that most of what passes for sensible is not much more than a load of pure bull shit, which, I suppose, could be cleaned up to the more polite "ridiculous."

But, does simply saying I find almost everything ridiculous, and that I'm not very sensible, prove the first statement? Does that mean I automatically qualify as intelligent? Sorry, but that sounds like more ridiculous BS.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed