Sunday, May 26, 2002

Still not much going on - Still sitting around, in a lot of pain. It's getting harder and harder to picture my being able to return to work on Tuesday, as originally planned, but I'm still hoping...

Meanwhile, I still can't believe that my brother is getting married today in Redondo Beach (Los Angeles). Of all the weekends to decide spontaneously to get married! One brother (younger brother: me) incapacitated, and the other (our middle brother) on a business trip to Japan!

But, I guess that's what spontaneity is all about. It wouldn't be eloping if you planned it all out according to everybody's schedules ahead of time. I'm just in shock that they'd plan it for a day when there's no way his brothers could be there.

I haven't had much restful sleep, and I'm taking a lot of pain killers, so maybe I'm just rambling and not thinking clearly. Please, excuse me if that's the case. But, I thought we were a close family, and that family was something that was valued by each of us - especially by Steve (the one getting married).

It's just out of character for him, not that he'd have a small, spur-of-the-moment wedding (that's in character), but that it would occur on a day when there's no way his brothers could be there.

Alright, I'll shut up now, go take another pill, and turn on the TV. Wake me up for lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter Feed